- We accept science fiction, fantasy and supernatural horror
worksup to 10,000 words in length.
- We do not accept any submissions where the work is currently available, for free or purchase, in any form elsewhere, whether in print,
online,or as a podcast. Given that, reprint submissions are highly unlikely to be accepted.
- Submissions of up to 20,000 words are permitted from subscribers and from authors resident in Australia and New Zealand. It costs a fortune for Australian and New Zealand authors to post a story that length to overseas markets which is why we bend the guidelines for them.
- Please note that we only accept one story submission from an author at a time. Please do not submit another story until we have responded with a decision to hold or reject.
- We do not accept
serialisedsubmissions, so please don’t ask.
- Andromeda Spaceways is intended for a wide audience, so we don’t want anything more than M-rated: no gratuitous sex or graphic violence.
- We accept any style of poetry under two pages (see our text guidelines for font size) that is speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy or supernatural horror).
- Please note that we only accept one poem submission from an author at a time. A single file with multiple poems will also be rejected. Please do not submit another poem until we have responded with a decision to hold or reject.
- Non-fiction articles will be considered on anything vaguely related to speculative fiction.
- We’re after articles on the speculative genres and their writers, weird science, real science, weird history, straight history, con reports, fads, geekdom etc.
- We’re somewhat less interested in articles about how to write. We’re going for broad interest, and there are other publications for those.
- Each article must be at least 100 words long.
If you send us artwork, be aware that every editor has different needs, and so your work might be just the style that one of them wants. Putting it in our gallery means they can see immediately what your style is like, without having to trawl through a heap of websites, and it means you don’t have to keep reminding us that you exist! We also commission new work, so if you want to sell your samples elsewhere, feel free.
Please note, the gallery is password-protected and only available to editors, so your art is safe. We can’t send you a link, but trust us – each entry only says who you are and what you’re prepared to do for Andromeda Spaceways.
Choose a sample painting, if you’re interested in producing cover art, and/or a black and white piece, if you’re keen to do internal art. Samples of your work can be sent as scanned images at screen resolution (96dpi, no more than 300kb per image, please).